Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Next Day and More Detail Is Added

Now that the frame work is laid for the piece, it is time to lay in details and color. The painting is a continual balancing act of the color wheel. I knew that I wanted the pale pastels of the trailers in the background of the peice. And I knew that the "Indians" would necessarily have dark hair, thus creating a value contrast that will set the painting off. The figure in the lower left is a grip, the backbone of the production crew. I wanted to include a reference to the film unions, so his t-shirt will have the IATSE logo on his chest.

You can still see elements of the original start to the painting. This "under painting" often is a good foil to work against and finding my way with the confusion helps to create a stronger more immediate painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home